Your Source for All Things Herring...



Saturday, September 20, 2014

Well here's a new one in the category of: Herring Fashion
Source: http://nazsnails.blogspot.co.il/2012/03/opi-i-have-herring-problem.html






Saturday, March 31, 2012


OPI I Have a Herring Problem

Between China Glaze, Essie, OPI, and Zoya, we've seen a TON of spring collections, but I can't say many of them have piqued my interest. At all. I usually love spring collections, but out of all of them, I wound up with exactly two colors: Essie Ole Caliente (which I'll show you in a few days) and OPI I Have a Herring Problem. I love both! Herring Problem was a bit of an impulse buy, but I am happy with it. In the shade:


It's a dusty, warm blue with flecks of gold shimmer. I love blues, the dustier the better, and this one is no exception. Here it is under artificial light:



Loooove that shimmer. The  problem is, Herring Problem is a lot more sheer than I was expecting. This took four coats. Most of the swatches and reviews that I read depicted Herring Problem as a much greener color that would be opaque in 2-3 coats, and that is completely different from what I saw and experienced. I still really like it, I just thought what I saw online was inaccurate.


It pretty much looks like this all the time, but a bit warmer. Despite the differences between expectations and reality, Herring Problem really is great, and despite its sheerness, the formula was wonderful and needed minimal cleanup. Plus, look at the shimmer!


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment